10.19.2020

Hot Dish

Last night I called you a 'hot dish' and waited for 10 uncomfortable minutes for you to text back.

It was torture.

What the hell is a hot dish?

Word Hippo said it was an acceptble version of hottie.

Sometimes I embarrass myself.

Hottie is what you call me
but you don't know that I've got lines around my eyes
and they don't disappear when my smile does.

You don't know
there's a tiny spider web of broken blood vessels
and they live on the left side of my nose

You don't know 
that Max weighed almost 10 pounds at birth 
and left me with lines across my stomach
that will never go away.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Once Upon A Time

I spent the last two hours writing to you.  It's long and drawn out and I'm not going to post it here.  It was an attempt to make se...