11.28.2019

A Thousand Starved Sunsets

You gave me your words:  beautiful, erotic, poetic, hilarious, thoughtful, direct, insightful.  Everything all at once.

You gave me your soul through your music and poetry; the movies you recommended; the passages and quotes you shared with me.

Now you've taken them all away and left me here alone without any way to get in touch with you or any reason as to why you've gone and every time I think there won't be anymore tears because surely there's not enough salt water left in the ocean  for one more droplet to squeeze out of my blood shot eyes....

It starts to flood.

Without answers all I can do is blame myself and plead to the universe and to God and to you (in the hopes you'll hear me) for a chance to atone for whatever wrong I've done.  Or at the very least:  A proper goodbye from you.  If this is goodbye(please don't let this be goodbye), let me have that goodbye in your words and not this sudden expulsion from your life.  Your words are so beautiful and if I'm never going to hear them again, give me one final paragraph.

Love in the Digital Age:  One Passage Among Many

J:  "Sing like a Siren to this wayward sailor.  I'll crash into your shore."

S:  "I will hold you there while you feast like a thousand starved sunsets are waiting to rise.  And I won't let you go until you've scratched every surface" 

S:  "I guess I'm starving

J:  "You're apparently as famished as I.  May we devour each other simultaneously.  Insatiable hunger."

S:  "I've never been this way with anyone before.  What the fuck are a thousand starved sunsets?  I don't even know what that means."

J:  "Having sat in the strand of the Pacific yesterday afternoon, I would say a starved sunset would likely happen on summer solstice, the sun never quite going down, like a mongrel hanging around until you finally toss it a crust of your bread even though you’re still hungry, a beach punk yourself.  Times one thousand."

J:  "Funny enough, I was imaging the opposite, a sunrise, the emerging sun a long sought after blinding release after a night of passion.".


S"That was beautiful."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Once Upon A Time

I spent the last two hours writing to you.  It's long and drawn out and I'm not going to post it here.  It was an attempt to make se...