1.20.2020

Some Things But Mostly Nothing

Today is not Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday.
His birthday was Wednesday, January 15 and he would have turned 91.
I don't understand why we don't celebrate him on his actual birthday.
I guess the long weekend is more important than his contribution and sacrifice.

This is a good essay:
http://www.stirjournal.com/2016/04/01/i-know-why-poor-whites-chant-trump-trump-trump/
The publication appears to now be defunct but I remember reading that years ago and it's still relevant.

I donated to Bernie's campaign (not because of that essay).
Don't act surprised.  You already knew I was a bleeding heart.

I could not love this more:
https://twitter.com/chicagotribune/status/701034173524537345/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E701034173524537345&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftime.com%2F4231439%2Fbernie-sanders-arrest-photo-civil-rights%2F



I want to read  Travels with Charley again even though they say it isn't true.
That Steinbeck mostly slept in hotel rooms instead of in his camper;
that he didn't actually meet the people he said he met at the times he said he met them.
I don't understand why we would be surprised by this.
Isn't the nature of being a writer that you are fluent in the art of embellishment and humanity?
I'd like to see someone else carve out a slice of life and present it the way Steinbeck did.


I'm tired and it's cold outside.
Max has a migraine. 

  
I miss you.
I hope you are finding happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Once Upon A Time

I spent the last two hours writing to you.  It's long and drawn out and I'm not going to post it here.  It was an attempt to make se...