1.08.2020

Whatever It Takes


This is maybe the greatest thing I've seen all day.  God, I love this man.  How is it possible that his voice hasn't aged at all? Like it's still 1987 where he's at.  I don't think his hair has changed at all either.  I've never seen a person age into themselves in a more perfect way.

I would give anything to see him perform.

For comparison and because I adore this song and this video in so many different ways.  What a total hottie he was.  Perfect parts strange and intuitive and sentimental.


I could post videos of The Cure all day long but I'll spare you because I know you can just as easily go look them up yourself.  Do that!  Go check them out Live at Pinkpop 2019.  I just did.  It was amazing.


 Anyway.

What is that saying?

God willing and the creek don't rise?

Have you ever heard that?  It basically means 'if everything goes as planned; if all goes well.'  I've heard it many times throughout my life but I don't think I've ever said it before.

Well, god willing and the creek don't rise I'll be turning 29 again Sunday.

I will be doing one of two things:

Taking Max to see The Harlem Globetrotters or leaving town after his basketball game Saturday morning and spending the night wherever we end up.  Or maybe both.  I guess there's no reason we can't skip town sometime Saturday afternoon and drive around until we land somewhere and also go to the show Sunday.  Sounds like a perfect way to spend another 29th birthday, actually.  I'll keep you posted.  I haven't actually bought the tickets for the Globetrotters yet.  We saw them last year and had courtside seats, which was super fun and I highly recommend paying the extra bucks for the experience.  I've waited too late this year and can't find any available so we won't have that same experience again which is kind of a bummer.

Listen.

I tried really hard to keep the sads out of this post.  How did I do?  Did I come across as upbeat and normal?  That's what I was going for.  I was really trying very hard not to let Debbie Downer out tonight.

I did that for you in case you're having a hard day and are tired of reading about my aching heart.  I mean, can't I get over it already?  How many times am I going to say the same things over and over again?

Honestly?

Forever.

I'll say them forever if that's what it takes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once Upon A Time

I spent the last two hours writing to you.  It's long and drawn out and I'm not going to post it here.  It was an attempt to make se...