12.09.2019

Basic

It's Monday again.

I really hate Monday and there's no good reason why.  I think it's because I'm supposed to. 

I've been doing this hiking program on my treadmill.  Six weeks around Lake Tahoe.  Have you ever been?  It's so beautiful.  I wish I were actually there instead of looking at it through a screen.  I took a break from it today, though, and mapped out a route through Jack London Square.  I wonder where that is in relation to you.  You know how everybody has the book that got them into reading?  Well maybe not everybody, just the ones who like reading.  Mine was The Call of the Wild.  That book did it for me when I was a kid.  It made me want to read anything and everything I could.  They're making another movie of it, too.  This one has Harrison Ford in it, I think.  Comes out in February.  I'll probably take Max.  I make him go watch all the animal movies.   The last one we saw was The Art of Racing in the Rain.  I cried big, fat, ugly, sobbing tears right there in the theater.  It has Milo Ventimiglia in it who also plays on the only show I watch on television, This Is Us.  

See?  I'm super fucking basic.  Just a boring old spinster, really.  Not a goddess, after all.  I'd probably bore you to tears after awhile. I mean, not that you shouldn't totally find out, though.

Do you like pickles?  You should know I drink all the juice from the pickle jar before the pickles have a chance to get eaten.  Just a heads up.

When we first started talking and I knew we'd get along, I dreamed of how we would eventually meet.  I had this idea that we would pick some literary landmark to go to and if things went well, we'd vacation together once a year or more until we'd gone to all the literary landmarks in the US.  I'm a total cheeseball.  I didn't know if we would ever be able to make our worlds collide but I figured we would at least be really good friends who could fly to each other from time to time.  Of course, we'd totally bang the shit out of each other, too.  I hope you weren't planning to get an S.O. in San Fran 'cause I was totally down with being your FWB forevs.

I've been reading all kinds of stuff to try to understand how you feel right now.  You don't ever have to feel weird around me about anything.  I kinda have a "thing" for you and when a woman gets a "thing" for a man, there's really not a whole lot you can do about it.  That woman is going to love the shit out of you even at your worst.  So, I'm sorry but you can come on back now so I can put some salve on those wounds and bandage you up all nice and secure.  I've got a spot for you in my bed and I know you're tired.

Be easy on yourself.  It really is going to be ok.

P.S.  I only drink the juice of the whole or the spears, so you're safe if the hamburger chips are your jam.  Oh, and only the dill.  None of that bread and butter crap.

Oh and here's a pic of the Xmas Tree.  Can you spot the live ornament?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Once Upon A Time

I spent the last two hours writing to you.  It's long and drawn out and I'm not going to post it here.  It was an attempt to make se...