12.07.2019

Hey guys, this probably isn't the right place to post this but I can't think of a better place since everyone here has experienced this. I just want to know if getting a DUI would cause you to completely shut down communication with someone you've just met? I've been talking to an awesome guy I met online since the end of September. We have been emailing exclusively (we are older and email is what we feel good with right now). We email constantly back and forth all day and into the night. We've grown very close this way and have gotten to know each other very well. We were planning to meet after the holidays. Two weeks ago, I received an email from his friend that said "S wanted me to tell you one thing but I'm going to tell you another...DUI." Just for context, this friend has emailed me once before when S was in the hospital with pneumonia just to let me know what was going on. I'm assuming S asked him to do that so I wouldn't worry and I'm assuming he did the same thing this time.
Anyway, my only response was to ask if he was ok. I got an email the following day, Sunday, from the friend saying he was going to pick him up and get his car and did I want to pass along a word to him? I just said to tell him I was glad he was getting out and to jokingly call him a degenerate for me and berate him a little bit. I didn't expect to hear from him Sunday at all because I knew he would be feeling overwhelmed. So I waited until Monday to send him an email telling him it was going to be ok and I was here for him when/if he wanted to talk. Well, the email came back as 'mailbox unavailable.' I emailed the friend and asked if S was ok and to tell him to contact me. The friend replied and said basically 'f*** that guy!'
It's now been two weeks and I have no way to contact him and he has not contacted me. I am devastated. Both for myself because I really liked this guy but also for him because I'm afraid he's depressed and ashamed. He's not actually a degenerate. He's a really good person who made a really poor decision. I guess. I don't actually know any of the particulars surrounding what happened. But I've been talking to him for over two months now and I feel like I know his heart and his mind.
So, do you think his shame has caused him to shut me out? And if he's ashamed, do you think he'll eventually contact me again? That's all I want, really. For him to get back in touch with me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once Upon A Time

I spent the last two hours writing to you.  It's long and drawn out and I'm not going to post it here.  It was an attempt to make se...