12.07.2019

Divine

There was a parade in town today.  I took pictures to show you.  There were horses.  I thought about "Roan Stallion." (don't worry I didn't try to ride any of them)  None of them looked like the roan stallion, though.  They were too small and not nearly majestic enough. 

After the parade, we walked downtown and stood in a line three miles long just to order some loaded french fries and funnel cakes.  I thought about you when I ate the french fries.

I'm going to take Max to his first concert soon.  It would have been fun to talk to you about that.  Maybe you would have given me suggestions on who to see; maybe you would have even gone with us.

You still can.  I'm still here.

Do you know I haven't even decorated for Christmas yet?  I usually put my tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving but I haven't even brought it down from the attic.  I've promised Max we'll do it this weekend, though.  I'll take pictures to show you.

I get a song stuck in my head and I can't really listen to anything else.  Right now, it's that Josh Rouse song I posted the other day.  Was that only yesterday?  I think about you when I listen to it.

Well, truth be told....I think about you constantly.   All through the day and all through the night until I finally fall asleep.

I wonder if I'll think about you forever.

I hope so.  I mean, I'd rather have you around but if all I get from here on out is just your memory, I guess that's better than nothing.  I really didn't ever believe you were out there.  I didn't believe you existed.  But you do!  And I met you!  And it was more than everything I thought it would be.

It was fucking divine.

You are divine.  Like super good.  Or maybe super rad.

I wish you'd come back around so I could tell you that.  I think you need to hear it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Once Upon A Time

I spent the last two hours writing to you.  It's long and drawn out and I'm not going to post it here.  It was an attempt to make se...