12.08.2019

Meet Me In The Alley Out Back

You said "I'm only mortal, I cant handle the sudden nothingness."

I guess you forgot I'm only mortal, too?  I don't hold it against you or anything.  I know you're in a place you feel like you can't get out (but you will).  Plus, I know you like to think I'm a goddess and I love to indulge your fantasies, baby.

But the sudden nothingness.  I can't handle it either. 
But I will.  I will handle it for you.  

I printed out all our correspondence.  It's sitting on my kitchen table.  Don't worry about the kid reading it, the first several pages are pretty benign.  We didn't get indecent til later

Indecent is not the right word though.  Fix that for me. It never felt indecent.  More like perfect.

You said "I'm not parting ways with anything else, including you."

I'm holding you to that.  Even now.  Even though you've gone incognito.  Maybe incognito is not the right word either.  I'm not good at finding the right words.  You always were.

I know you want to read my installment of "Skate or Die."  It looks like I'm gonna have to write your parts, too.  I hope you don't mind if I finish it for us.  When I get it published and become a famous author, will you come to my book signing?  I'll recognize you immediately.  The air will become electric.

(I had this whole part written about how you'd offer me your hand and lead me out the door and around the corner to an alley wall where we'd proceed to blow each others mind but I took it out 'cause that's only for you to read and I don't know who else might be watching me type these words.  HA HA. NO ONE is actually reading this garbage, not even you, and I know it but I like to try to appear classy even though I write whole poems talking about fucking shit up.  Anyway, you would have liked our back alley scene and would have contributed to it and made me lose my marbles like you're so good at doing.  You should come back around so we can drive each other mad with our words cause that was fun as all hell)

Well, that took a nose dive real quick.  But that's what happens when I think about you.

I'm working on becoming a millionaire so you don't have to deal with "bomb cyclones" or wild fires.  And I don't have to deal with MAGA hats and rednecks.

Where do you want to go?
I'll go anywhere with you.
Close your eyes and pick a place on the map.
My bags are already packed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Once Upon A Time

I spent the last two hours writing to you.  It's long and drawn out and I'm not going to post it here.  It was an attempt to make se...