12.20.2019

Every Single Second

This new coffee maker I got doesn't make any noise whatsoever when it brews. I'm kinda pissed about that.  The son of a bitch isn't even red, either.  The only red one they had was $30.  This one only cost me $20.

Wait a minute. I lied.

I just walked in the kitchen to get something and it's over there making these faint gurgling sounds all under its breath like it's embarrassed or something.  Like "sorry, I have to do this, hope you don't mind."  Bitch, let me hear you!  My old coffee maker made so much damn noise.  Like an old man working all the kinks out when he stood up.  I guess maybe that's why it died on me.  It was old as fuck.  Well, this new one needs to go on and live a little because I like a coffee maker that talks to me while it's working its magic. 

I don't know why I'm making coffee at 1:30 on a Friday afternoon except that when my other one died, it suddenly became urgent that I replace it ASAP.  The thought that I couldn't brew coffee even if I wanted to suddenly made me want coffee at all times of the day.  It's 5 p.m. on a Wednesday, need coffee.  It's 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep, must make coffee.  Brains are a total mind-fuck, aren't they?

How do you take your coffee?  Do you even like coffee or is tea more your thing?  I like both but I drink two cups of coffee every morning.  I drink the first cup black and the second cup with powdered creamer.  I don't use any sugar or artificial sweetener.  If I have coffee in the afternoon I'm inclined to use powdered creamer.  Obviously, I'd love to use heavy cream in my coffee but that's just too much decadence for everyday life.  I save the heavy cream for places like Waffle House or the continental breakfast at a hotel.  One simply cannot live luxuriously every single day.  What ever would become of us if we did?  We'd be way too bougie.  I like peppermint tea sometimes in the evening.  I once read this book where the main character was always drinking peppermint tea.  Like every other page (I don't even remember the name of the book now).  I'd never had peppermint tea before but halfway through that book, I made a special trip to the grocery to pick some up.  I've been drinking it ever since.  Sometimes I put milk and honey in it if I'm feeling special.

Max's guitar came today!  Oh my god.  I'm so excited.  I want to take it out and play with it.  I bought him an amp and a stand for it plus the picks.  What else does he need?  His best friend, Dez, is getting a drum set for Christmas. They're totally going to jam together.  Obviously, they'll be rock stars any day now.

I plan to finish my Christmas shopping tomorrow, you'll be happy to know.  I only have every single person left to buy for so I should be able to knock it out in an afternoon.  Max is mostly done, though, so that's really all that matters.  I'd buy a gift for you if you were still around.  Maybe I'll buy myself one instead.  What should I get?  I really need a new flat iron for my hair.  I banged mine on the counter the other morning because it was in my hand and it just sorta accidentally happened to slam down.  It may or may not have a crack in it now.  I'm not sure.  But whatever.  Listen.  I'm not a violent person.  I was just very frustrated because my hair would not lay flat no matter how many times I passed the iron over it.  Fucking bitch ass hair. 

I've had two cups of coffee while I've been writing this whole junk of nothing to you.  I guess I'm feeling a little better today.  I've made it to the top of this hole but I still haven't climbed out.  I'm kind of just hanging here on the edge, like a swimming pool.  It could go either way really.  I might get out and sit on the side or I might hold my nose and go back under.  Too early to tell.

I really just stopped by here to tell you that no matter how many days keep piling up between us,

I still think of you every single second of every single one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once Upon A Time

I spent the last two hours writing to you.  It's long and drawn out and I'm not going to post it here.  It was an attempt to make se...